SBI to WP Transfer Update:
Aug 27 & 28, 2015
Money Paid to Me (Virtual Assistant):
(*Exclusive of $3.91 charged by oDesk)
Overall Difficulty of Tasks: Medium
- Finally, I researched a find a way to log into the WordPress dashboard without changing the nameserver.
- The solution is to install the WordPress on your temporary URL, and then editing the wp-config.php file in the cPanel file manager.
- Note that after we move all of our content to the WordPress and change the nameserver, then we have to restore the wp-config.php file to it's actual version. Only after then, we can access the WordPress dashboard using the usual PPG-wp-login URL.
- So now you can log into the WP dashboard
- Then I installed a free theme. Sue Huckle has recommended this theme (Weaver II) in her article about SBI to WordPress Transfer.
Then manually transferred the PPG homepage to WP as a page.
- I also changed the permalink structure and made it identical to SBI i.e. HTML at the end of each URL.
- Also made some other design changes and updated the theme to it's latest version.
- Also installed a plugin for SEO called Seo cost. This is a very handy tool and helps you a lot in order to improve your SEO.
Changes Made After Your Feedback Video
- Note that initially I used a pretty simple theme design and then I moved to a better one and also fine-tuned that a bit. I think the site is looking much better now. Isn't it?
- Updated the footer after your feedback
- Please note that this workaround is the proper way of doing it as I've researched the workaround within the Inmotion hosting support articles.
- As you asked, I have tried to upload a couple of pages to the new hosting using an FTP tool. Again, it was little challenging because at the moment we are using a temporary URL and our main FTP server is not accessible at the moment, so I researched a lot in order to find the workaround.
- Finally, I successfully transferred a couple of pages to the new hosting, but we cannot edit these pages from WP dashboard. So we can transfer the entire site using an automated tool, but we cannot edit our pages from WordPress.
- I researched some more on this topic and found that there are some plugins that can transfer your HTML pages into WP. I installed and used one of them, but the finished results were extremely bad.
- Now as you've asked, I am manually uploading pages to WP and have added 11 pages so far. Please have a review of high priority\Financials of Pennypinching\PPG WP Uploaded.xlsx.
- Uploading pages from the navigation bar and also updating the WP site navigation bar as well, so have a review and let me know if you need any changes.