Content 2.0 Administration Support:
Aug 10, 2015
Money Paid to Me (Virtual Assistant):
(*Exclusive of $2.04 charged by oDesk)
Overall Difficulty of Tasks: Medium
- Received a short submission on the party games site. Since it was too short to be published alone, so I posted it as a comment under Funniest Dares List.
Feedback about Hiring a New Virtual Assistant:
- Received some spam comments on Ideal-Helper so I have deleted and banned all such comments.
- Listened to a High priority audio, where you have discussed and asked my feedback about hiring another virtual assistant at $1/hour and will this be ethical from cost of living point of view.
Your first question was to hire someone from UpWork on a fixed price contract and also ask them to log hours via Team app, and also if it will get your account in trouble. I don't think that doing this will get your account banned because UpWork still allows (for those contractors who were hired before the $3 policy update) to work below $3, so this is clearly not against their terms of service.
But I am not sure whether it is ethical or not because contractors know that the minimum wage is $3/hour so I don't think that this will work for a longer period of time. Newbies will apply for these kinds of jobs just to get some initial feedback, but would not prefer to work for a long time.
Besides that, I personally think that Philippines has much cheaper cost of living as compare to Pakistan. Over the years cost of living has been increased drastically here. After listening to this audio, I got some feedback from actual potential workers (I usually get some requests from different people who are willing to work online as a freelancer) and most of them are not willing to work at this rate. Minimum they've asked for $2/hour.
My advice is to hire someone from the Philippines at $1 using onlinejobs.ph or some similar service and ask them to log time via Hubstaff (or another similar free software). If it's a short-term one time project, then it's fine to hire someone from UpWork. But as I mentioned earlier that UpWork's minimum wage policy is $3/hr and if we will hire someone at $1 (and ask him/her to also log their working hours via Team app), he will ask for salary raise or will quit after some time.
Other Administrative Support:
- Watched all pending work update feedback videos and published all reviewed work updates.
- Watched another high priority audio where you asked my consent about managing your personal tasks (Non-website related), as always I have no reservations doing them and I am 100% okay and willing to do this as well :)
- Since I ran out of high priority videos and tasks, so I have now implementing proofread changes to the Eric interview pages and already have worked through the following pages:
- Virtual assistant communication
- Administrative virtual assistant
- Virtual assistant work revisions
- Virtual assistant feedback
- Video screen recording
- Getting started with a virtual assistant
- VA Communication Tips
- Virtual assistant concerns
- How to share large files
- Communication with virtual assistants