Party Games Traffic Stats Analysis and Design Feedback:
May 12 & 13, 2015
Money Paid to Me (Virtual Assistant):
(*Exclusive of $3.56 charged by oDesk)
Overall Difficulty of Tasks: Medium
- About another high priority video where you asked me to investigate about the CSS page which is one of the high traffic page this month. I have doubled checked it from the Google analytics, but couldn't find this CSS file within the traffic stats.
- I have also investigated the SBI! traffic stats for the last couple for months, but there is no record of this file in the previous month. I have implemented the design change on the party games site on February 10, 2015.
- Regarding your question about reverting party games site design back to SBI! design template, I think that the design provided by AJ is good and it has some additional features that Ideal-Helper design doesn't have. If we want to change the column layout to single column, that is also possible within the same template, but two column layout is still good in my opinion.
- As you have asked me in one of the work update videos to compare and
populate the data before and after the Adsense split-tests, I have
extracted the required information for three pages and put into a
spreadsheet. Please have a review of Adsense Analysis.xlsx.
Upcoming Proofreading project
- Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the 'to be hired
proofreader'. To get a rough idea about the price of this project, I did
some research over Upwork as well as outside Upwork. Its tough to get
an estimate for hourly jobs because native English candidates are asking
over $15/hour where as non-natives are asking for $5-$10 per hour. so
In my opinion we cannot estimate the actual price by using hourly rates.
Obviously, we don't know how much words they will proofread in one
- Then I researched some projects posted by other clients and looked
for what fixed-price they are offering for a specific amount of words. I
extracted some data out of such job posts and then obtained an average
price for this kind of jobs, which is around 280 words per dollar.
- I think we can offer a price of $1 per 300 words. Also in my
opinion, one can easily proofread 3 different articles (300 words each)
in an hour so this will make their hourly rate $3/hour.
- Another possibility is to post a fixed-price job without offering
any rate and ask the freelancers to quote their best rate per $1 for
Other Administrative Support:
- Thank you so much for providing quick feedback on this, I have created and posted a job opening.
- Some call-out boxes on the party games site homepage were broken, so I have fixed them all.
- To summarize this report, in general we have improved the click through rate effectively, but you can also see that cost per click has turned very low now.
- If you review the overall site data, you can see that in January 2014, the Adsense revenue is $126.80 with 361 clicks. Whereas in the same month this year we have received 528 clicks, but the total Adsense revenue for this month is only $75.75. This shows that the CPC has decreased up to 60% from last year.
- Watched some of the work update feedback videos, made necessary changes and then published them.
- Updated Dropbox YouTube video with annotations, links and other improvements. Please have a review and let me know if you need any further changes.
Update: Thank you so much for the feedback on the video, based on your feedback I have shortened the duration of the introduction. Please have a review of it.
- About adding an audio at the end of the video, the audio we have used in the intro has been purchased by you, so we have the copyrights of the audio. Whereas if I research another royalty free audio, we will have to put the credit note at the end of the video.
- Also spend two hours daily on the revision of SBI! Action Guide.