April 28 & 29, 2015
Money Paid to Me (Virtual Assistant):
(*Exclusive of $3.97 charged by oDesk)
Overall Difficulty of Tasks: Medium
Ideal-Helper Design Changes:
- Researched a stock photo for the new Ideal-Helper Header, reworked it and replaced it with the default header image.
- Added Google site specific search widget into the header.
- Also added social media and RSS links. All links are set to open in a new window (Do follow, please let me know if I should change them to 'nofollow')
- Redesigned the site header and navigation colors according to the new color scheme.
- Assuming that you will be busy through out this week, therefore I have reworked the navigation menu and merged the menu items into four main categories. I have saved the previous navigation order to high priority\Ideal-Helper Design\Old Site Navigation.xlsx
- Please rework and reword the navigation headings accordingly.
- P.S: There is still some room to add one more menu category into the header.
- Changed the call-out box color according to the new design and also added a Read more link into each callout box on the homepage. When I was browsing the site on my mobile phone, the link to specific pages were not prominent so I feel that we should add a link at the end of the callout box.
- Thanks for providing feedback about the design change. I have fixed all grid blocks on the homepage. Now they don't look broken on mobile phone landscape view.
- However, as you can see in the image above, the number of grid blocks are odd and high in quantity, my suggestion is to remove any three of these so that it only shows two rows. When you browse the site on a mobile phone (portrait view), you will find these grid blocks a little annoying because they are too many.
- Updated the BlogIt! CSS code to change the blog items design.
- Also changed the C2 comments width.
- I have also started re-working on the high traffic pages to fix any broken text due to images, callout boxes and Adsense Ad units:
- HTML PHOTO SLIDESHOW CODE Also replaced old images with new ones because old images were too small and low in quality.
- CRAIGSLIST PHONE VERIFICATION
- MECHANICAL TURK OUTSIDE OF THE US
- ODESK INTERVIEW ANSWERS FROM REAL FREELANCERS
- GERMAN BUSINESS ETHICS
- ODESK TEAM APPLICATION
- HOURLY JOBS
- FILIPINO BUSINESS ETHICS
- MECHANICAL TURK
- Breadcrumb navigation is also broken after the design change and need to be fixed on all tier pages. I have fixed the breadcrumb navigation on the above pages.