Feb 19 & 20, 2013
Money Paid to Me (Virtual Assistant):
(*Exclusive of $2.64 charged by oDesk)
Overall Difficulty of Tasks: Easy
- I think it’s a really good idea to hire someone especially for BB2 conversion jobs, but I think there are also some limitations for this resource.
I think the biggest concern is that if we hire someone, spend a lot of time and money then we expect him to work for you for a long time. So if he doesn’t work for a long time, then we would loose all training expenditures.
The person should know basic understandings of HTML, although its not necessary with BB2, but still it’s important to have HTML skills for BB2 conversion.
In my opinion this person should get at least 40-60 hours of initial training, because as you mentioned that SBI is not as simple as other platforms like Wordpress etc.
Personally I think that my concepts were very clear before I started working on BB2, but as you know that before allowing access to site central I have already worked for around 1 year with you, although I never used BB2 during this period, but I still had a basic understanding of how this system works which I learned from experience over one year time. So first step should be to calculate the initial training cost that we will spend on one employee.
For me it was also easy because you were providing me video instructions regularly, so I don't think that you will be able to provide video instructions to this new provider.
On a side note if we create some helpful videos (training videos) covering different steps and topics of BB2, (for example: Short videos, one video for how to click and drag an image block into body and select a picture from the hard drive, similarly another video about how to use a container block) I think this would be one time investment and we can use those helpful videos again and again. I can jot down all such topics separately so that you can record short videos on each topic.
Another concern is to provide regular work for this provider. I mean you won't have BB2 conversion contracts all the time and even you can't estimate that when you will have a conversion task in future.
Feedback about Abi’s Work
- At the moment Abi’s doesn't have any transcriptions pending, so please record some videos when you have some free time.
Party Games Website Update:
- Distributed more Pages via RSS
- Received a new user submitted story, Published it after proofreading it. Please review it.
- Published another short submission as a comment.
- Did the same with one more user submission
- Converted Ice Breaker Games to BB2
- Reviewed and illustrated some of the transcribed coaching videos, please have a review. (Till coaching_3c are reviewed)
- Also I have created a video for the first coaching video (with the help of Powerpoint and then turned that into a video) Hope you will like it. Please See Coaching_1.wma in the Dropbox